|Location||With the rest of the printers|
We have submitted to the Chinese overlords and now have our own small piece of Chinese Surveillance in Nurdspace!
The Xiaomi Dafang is a Linux based PTZ Camera with a few nice features and is being sold for about $30 from China.
A few of it's features are:
- SD card
- USB Port
- Night mode
However, we are running a custom firmware made by EliasKotlyar
Which now gives it support for MQTT, HomeAsssistant, and lots of other things.
The webinterface is accessible through here the login is root, there is no password. You can access it's settings there, and also control the PTZ. SSH is available as well (Root password is ismart123).
You can also access the Dafang using RTSP, this will give you a H264 and also includes audio. The url for this is
The following things have been done to improve the Dafang:
- USB network card (Disables build-in wifi)
- uboot boot loader
- uEnv.txt, 1080p mod
- Optware installed (https://github.com/EliasKotlyar/Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks/issues/542)
- PTZ Calibration on boot (/system/sdcard/config/autostart/calibrate.shx)
- Sound server (https://github.com/Melanpan/Dafang-AudioServer)
- Proper mounting position
SD layout 4GB card:
part1: fat32, 1GB part2: ext4, 3GB
- Add a picture of it's new location
- Completely remove login from the website
- Make it do doorbell sounds