|Attendees||Buzz, Danieltoo, DeeTwo, Dennis, Dreamer, Zarya|
A two-day hands-on workshop FPGA programming.
Hardware: an Altera cyclone FPGA development kit such as Terasic de0 nano (http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=139&No=593) or (preferably) Bemicro CV ( http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/arrow-development-tools/bemicrocv#ypJJ).
- note* I've tried to order Bemicro CV's as that would be better value (cyclone V instead of cyclone IV and 128MB instead of 32MB RAM), but the order got bounced. They go in and out of stock constantly, so i'll try again later
- Recap of basic logic design principles
- FPGA hardware architecture, logic blocks, look-up tables, memory and multipliers
- FPGA resource constraints: routing, logic blocks, IO limitations
- Hard & Soft IP and licensing
- Installing Quartus on a linux machine
- Design project workflow
- Basic (V)HDL
- Nios IIe system builder.
- Altera vs Xilinx vs Lattice vs .....
Some understanding of logic circuitry design principles, a supported (Altera) FPGA development kit and access to a (linux) computer for running the Quartus software
Free as in free beer and free speech, but limited to the consumables that you bring yourself ;-)
- Diedenoort, Wageningen
Date and supported development kits are tentative, and will be fixed at least 8 weeks before workshop. If necessary we can organize a group-buy.
If you're interested in joining please PM me at the0 @ #nurds (irc.oftc.net) OR reply to my mail to the mailing list. It would be useful to know how much you know about digital circuit design as well
Want to attend
- Some other date, not feb 14 Anus probably +1 (or 2) with some fpga bits and bobs