NURDbot is a small IRC bot based on the fantastic jsonbot by Bart Thate. It runs on nurdbot.vm.nurd.space.
Writing custom commands (AKA plugs)
Extensions go in /home/nurdbot/.jsb/myplugs/socket. In theory you could load a plugin with:
!plug-enable <plugin name>
In practice it turns out you have to kill the bot, start it again (see below how) and then do the !plug-enable.
Reloading the bot
- kill process starting with "python2.7 ./bin/jsb-irc"
- as user nurdbot, run the following
- restarting the mqtt connection (for eg the temperature sensors):
- kill and restart: /usr/bin/screen -d -m -S 'mqtt-to-sqlite3' /home/nurdbot/mqtt-to-sqlite3.py
Our custom commands
- !badum - for terrible jokes
- !bclabel - Prints Bookcrossing labels @ Labelprinter @ SlabPi
!fluoro - controls the fluorescent lights
- !label - Prints labels with free text @ Labelprinter @ SlabPi
- !janee - response in the affirmative or negatory sense to inquiries
- !statustoggle - (temp) manually switch the space from closed to open
- !sth temps and humidities of the different rooms
- !wau-temp - Read the external temperature from the WUR sensors
- !wikipedia - customised from the basic version
- !wol - Performs wake-on-lan actions for machines in the space
- ~power - Current power consumption (not Nurdbot but x0p actually)